TWO-DAY WORKSHOP ON SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS (SDGs) AND GENDER EQUITABLE BUSINESS MODELS
In recent times, there has been an increasing need for organizations to provide a level playing field for both men and women to actualize their fullest potential in the workplace. This is in furtherance of global calls for private and public sector to close the gender gap in various specter of the society. The Sustainable Development Goals, a build up from the Millennium Development Goals addresses and stresses the imperative to achieve gender equality by the year 2030.
As a participant in the United Nations Global Compact Network, CHD is engaging the private sector for the UNGC/UN Women’s transformative agenda on achieving gender equality, women’s rights and women’s empowerment as its contribution towards the objective of gender equality by 2030. Hence, it is organizing and mobilizing the private sector to kick-start conversations and positive initiatives in this direction.
In this regard, CHD is organizing a two-day workshop. The goal of the workshop is to support actions that promote the commitment of business concerns to empowering and advancing women by introducing them to sustainable gender equitable business models.
Committed private organizations will participate in dialogues that will review the SDGs, the gender dimension, global strategies and methodologies, the design of a gender equity project that will be tailored to the interests of each organization.
At the end of the workshop, given the enabling environment, CHD will assist the organizations to
• Connect the dots between gender equitable business models and sustained competitive advantage.
• Build a working model that they can implement in their organizations.
• Identify gaps in existing policies and procedures in their respective organizations and develop a road map for action.
• Identify high impact initiatives and practices that they can implement upon return to their respective organizations.
• Identify high impact initiatives and practices for further replication.
• The World we want: delivering 2030 agenda through the gender window.
• Understanding gender equitable business models.
• Gender equitable business models and organization’s bottom line.
• WEP – Women Empowerment Principles.
• The role of employers and employees in creating a gender equitable workplace.
• Developing and implementing gender friendly policies and procedures that align with global best practices.
• Changing behavior and workplace culture.
• Success stories of gender equitable business from around the world.
WHO TO ATTEND
CEOs, Senior Business Leaders, Business Owners, Women and Men’s organizations committed to gender equality.
Workshop Date: July 25th – 26th 2017
Registration Closes: July 20th 2017
Venue: NECA House, Alausa, Ikeja. Lagos
Time: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Workshop Fee: NAIRA *N70,000 (Seventy Thousand Naira Only). Payment is inclusive of Course Materials, Lunch and Certificate
*(Pay to account name : Centre for Human Development. Bank: Zenith, Acct no: 1010357197).
NOTE: Before Making Payment, Please confirm that the Account Number provided above belongs to Centre for Human Development.
WHAT TO DO AFTER PAYMENT
Please inform us after you have deposited or transferred the payment to above account.
We require following payment details to track your bank payment:
- Depositor’s Name/Account Name in case bank transfer.
- Phone number.
- Teller Number/Transaction ID.
- Deposit Date.
- Payment Method: Online Transfer or Cash Deposit in Bank.
To register for the workshop, please fill in the following form below. The information collected from this form will be kept confidential. Personal data collected and recorded will be used for the purpose of processing your registration, and will not be disclosed or used for any other purposes.
Inquiries for this workshop/dialogue can be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 08023039226 | 08182035776 | 08096205845